This book will teach you how to use the features of Octopus Deploy using an example application. The application is simple, but it has been designed to show the entire process of deployment automation. Once you have mastered the techniques used to deploy this example application and its database, you will be able to transfer what you have learned to your own complex software.
You will learn:
- How to package your applications and database
- How to install Octopus Server and Tentacles
- How to publish packages to Octopus
- How to create and deploy releases
- How to pause a deployment until it is approved
I enjoyed this book. I wish that it had existed a year ago when I embarked on the journey of implementing Octopus Deploy for a hosting provider and their customers…Joakim Westin (Amazon)