Infinite Scroller Summary
The jQuery Infinite Scroller is a plugin that keeps adding content to a scrollable area as your website visitor nears the end of the content.
In this demo, I keep adding the same articles - but behind the scenes the plugin requests page 1, then page 2 and so on.
You can start with existing content. Start scrolling and as you near the end of the current content, more will be added.
- The id that will be applied to the inner scroll container.
- The full web address a page that provides more articles, which must be on the same domain (otherwise you'll hit cross-site-scripting issues). Add the #MODIFIER# place holder, which wil be replaced with the page number being requested.
- The page number to start from, your paging logic will normally require that you start with either 0 or 1.
- The desired width of the scroll area (or just set it using CSS).
- The desired height of the scroll area (or just set it using CSS).
- Set to "auto" by default, set this to "hidden" if you want to use your own scrolling logic instead of the browser scrollbars.
- The higher you set this number, the earlier more results will be retrieved. Use this to optimise the scrolling experience.